Sunday, January 8, 2012

Top Eleven Brews of 2011

After a slow month of blogging in December, my New Year resolution will be to update this blog much more frequently. I have actually had the pleasure of trying many new brews towards the end of 2011. I believe 2011 was a great year for craft breweries. Fortunately, people are becoming much more aware of what they are drinking and choosing quality over quantity. As I wrote in my last post, 2011 was the year for IPAs and hopefully we will see breweries continue to put out more unique IPA styles in 2012. I am also looking forward to watching smaller breweries make a name for themselves and gain attention throughout this year, as well as seeing how established breweries will keep up with heavy demand. I think it is only fitting that for my first post of the year I list off my favorites from the past year, so here is my top eleven of 2011 (in no particular order):

1) Odell Myrcenary Double IPA
2) Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout
3) Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale
4) New Belgium Snow Day Winter Ale
5) Russian River Damnation Golden Ale
6) Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian IPA
7) Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale
8) Free State Octoberfest
9) McCoy's Public House Munich Lager
10) Founders Breakfast Stout
11) Trappistes Rochefort 8

Cheers! Prost! Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment