Monday, November 14, 2011

New Belgium Brewery: Check It Off The Bucket List

Well folks, I had the pleasure of attending the New Belgium Brewery this past weekend with one of my good friends. First off, let me state that Fort Collins itself is a mecca for craft beer. Every restaurant seemed to have an impressive selection of taps (especially Choice City Deli). I recommend traveling to this beautiful little city if you want to experience great brews and take in the spectacular scenery of Colorado.

Now back on topic...The New Belgium Brewery tour completely surprised me in every aspect. I have been on a quite a few brewery tours and this one was definitely the best. We had a wonderful tour guide, Mike Bussmann, who gave such a great overview of the brewery and its beers that even a novice beer drinker could easily follow what he was describing. And let me say that throughout the tour I was never left thirsty. Everyone was able to sample five beers (Abbey, Frambozen, Blue Paddle, La Folie, and Fat Tire).

Besides the diverse samples, New Belgium also has a fantastic tap room that you can settle into before or after your tour. I can only imagine what it is like to huddle up in the tap room with a group of friends and a pint glass in hand on a snowy day. The tour itself lasted around an hour and a half and there was never a dull moment the entire time. The ambiance, creativity, and personality of the brewery that you will experience is exuded as soon as you enter the parking lot. After taking the tour, I had a new found respect for the New Belgium brand.

I believe that New Belgium has set the bar very high in terms of branding for craft breweries. Additionally, New Belgium has genuine initiatives, such as sustainability and community involvement, that clearly show how much a company can contribute back to society. It is evident the moment you walk into the brewery that its employees enjoy being there and are loyal to the company. So at the end of the day I raise a glass to New Belgium Brewery, an establishment that would be a FOLLY for any connoisseur of craft beer not to support!

(Photo Courtesy of New Belgium Brewery)

2 comments:

  1. What a post. Great writing and I agree - I was blown away by that company. They do so many things well, especially what you mentioned about supporting the community.

    -Alec

    ReplyDelete